Thursday, July 11, 2013

Welcome to Stumbling Through Suburbia!

Welcome to my new little blog! My name is Kristen and I happily reside in the suburban haven of Massapequa Park, NY.  Formerly a career girl from the (not so) mean streets of Queens, NY, I have long aspired to have a perfectly blissful suburban lifestyle, complete with white picket fence and two dogs in the yard.  Well here I am, livin' the dream...kinda.

If you've found yourself here in the first few days of my blog going 'live' you're most likely a friend, family member or friend of a friend.  In whatever capacity you've come here, thanks for your support on my new endeavor.  Most of you probably know me personally, but with a little luck, hopefully someday, complete strangers [gasp!] might actually find their way to my humble little blog and want to know a thing or two about the girl dishing out tips and advice.

I am currently a stay-at-home mom, married to my soul-mate, and devoted mom to my six year old daughter who I will be referring to as "Moo" going forward.  Moo Shu is her nickname, and has been since birth.  I'm not sure how or why it came about but it has stuck with her for the last six years and appears it will follow her through life.  More on that later.

My husband is my best friend.  Seriously.  I know people say that in mixed company to make their relationship seem better, normal, sane...(go ahead and insert your own adjective here), but he truly is.  We haven't been married very long, we actually didn't date very long before getting engaged.  But we both knew after our first date, unbeknownst to the other, that we would be married, and sooner rather than later.  It was all whirlwind and romance from the day we met.  He loves my daughter as much as he loves me and that my friends, was the proverbial cherry on top of our already picture-perfect romance.  I jumped all over that, and quick.

So you might be asking yourself, "what makes this particular chick qualified to be doling out unsolicited advice?"  Well the answer to that is nothing and everything.  I'm a regular person just like you.  I'm no one special and I'm no expert, but I know a thing or two about a few things and over the years, I've found that family and friends would come to me about advice about cleaning, recipes, entertaining, relationships, parenting advice, products I use, etc.  I was often called the Suzie Homemaker of the crew, and one of my BFFs affectionately refers to me as 'Martha' - as in Stewart.  I figured out at some point, my opinion might actually be worth something.  After some coaxing from my besties and at the urging of my husband, I decided to give the ol' blogging thing a whirl.  Worst case scenario, no one reads my blog and I disappear back into obscurity from whence I came, best case is someone likes something I have to say, shares it with a friend and we all wind up stumbling though suburbia together!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you decide to stay awhile :)

XOXO Kristen

4 comments:

  1. good luck Kris, I already put you in my favorites... always looking for something good to read ! Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats kris can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Moe! Can't wait to write more :)

    ReplyDelete